The Department of Training and Research is one of the main departments of Mnazi Mmoja Hospital. This Department was originally a Training Unit and did not have permanent staff. The Unit is currently transformed into a full Directorate known as the Directorate of Training ad Research and it has full-time staff.
The purpose of the Department is to strengthen Hospital's Capacity to provide quality Evidence Based services.
The main objective of the Directorate is to improve the capacity and environment to provide training and conduct research for students, staff and partners.
The following are the Specific objectives.
- To organize various training fora for Hospital staff
- To prepare and manage long and short courses in collaboration with MOH and partners
- To organize training sessions to general public through Zanzibar Broadcasting Cooperation and other agreed media houses
- To manage all research activities within Mnazi mmoja Hospital
- To manage elective training for students from abroad and field attachment of other university.
- To manage collaboration in trainings and researches with universities and institutions from Tanzania and abroad.
NUMBER OF STAFF
The Department currently has only three staff members (1 woman and 2 men)