The Nursing Directorate came into effect in June 2016 under a new law that made Mnazi Mmoja Hospital a semi-autonomous organization.
The Directorate is responsible for nursing services in 38 inpatient wards, 21 specialty clinics, oncology wards, neurosurgical, dialysis unit and mortuary.
The purpose of the Directorate is to provide quality tertiary nursing services to patients.
The objectives of the Directorates are;
- To provide the best possible nursing care to patients
- To provide specialized nursing services e.g. Critical care, anaethesia, opthamology, neonatal services, dialysis etc
- To train student nurses
- To conduct health related researches
- To provide outreach services
- To provide health education to the patients and general population
- To provide emergency services
NUMBER OF STAFF
Currently, there are 32 master level nurses working in various wards. A total of 560 nurses are currently, deployed in Mnazi Mmoja hospital.